Roanoke Island Fire Department
Manteo, North Carolina
- Metal Building – 3,900 Sq. Ft. Fire truck bay area
- Timber Framed – 2,600 Sq. Ft. First Floor area
- Timber Framed – 2,600 Sq. Ft. Second Floor area
- Total 9,100 Sq. Ft Building area
Site Work Summary
- Concrete parking and driveways
- Preliminary and final grading of site
- Stormwater Infrastructure pipework and pond
- Septic system, and Utilities
The Roanoke Island Fire Department is a true definition of a design/build project. PCI was retained to design the new fire department, demolish the four existing structures on the site, perform the sitework, and construct the new fire department. All of these tasks were accomplished in a 9 month period! We performed much of the work in house but also relied on the most qualified subcontractors in the area to complete this project.
When the new firehouse was completed it was our final task to demolish the existing building which stood 3 feet from the new building. Overall, we are very proud of this project and the department continues to serve the community 10 years later.